Saturday, February 6, 2010

Finally... Some Revisions...

Hi all,

I did some work on the type specimen book this weekend, and I wanted to get your opinions. I included some graphic elements in order to wrest myself from my stylistic rut. I will definitely take them out, if you consider them to be particularly offensive. As I was feeling like a dingbat this weekend, I couldn't resist using those bats-- what do you think?

In general, I'm concerned about how my typefaces are interacting-- and if they're too overwhelming.

I feel like I lost a little steam somewhere in the process, and might need a break to get back on track. Here's hoping!

Anywho, here are the new spreads I've been jabbering about:












1 comment:

  1. hey,
    so as you know I'm a fan of your approach, but I have a couple of things to say...
    bats are way too overwhelming, why don't you try treating your type the same way you're treating them? what do the yellow and black strips and circles of color mean? is there any particular back story to them or are they simply decorative?
    i feel like your first four spreads are working well but you might consider a little tweaking here and there, i.e. bats, unnecessary decoration. Your last spread is not working for me, it seems like you ran out of steam and wacky typefaces and it just looks like you're using those huge circles as filler. My advice would be, break up the text boxes as you did in the previous spreads, it worked well for you thus far...
    keep going, good job!

    ReplyDelete