Saturday, April 3, 2010

Book Covers I've Been Working On

So I've taken a break from my adventure book to work on a few covers for Henry Miller's trilogy Sexus, Plexus, Nexus. These books were written later in Miller's life, and address a lot of the material originally covered in the Tropic of Capricorn. I wanted to produce images that would signify construction and progress, and eventually depict Miller's self-discovery as an author. I took some quick photos with a point and shoot just to get a feel for the project. I ultimately plan on including a much more interesting backdrop than my bedroom, don't worry. What do you think of the idea so far?

Here's one layout for Nexus. I want to include some other elements, maybe flowers and a blue sky, as the last volume ends with Miller's flight from New York.



Here's an idea for how my spines might look. Each brick would be on one spine.



No comments:

Post a Comment