Tuesday, May 25, 2010

NYT Responses: Halfway There...

A few responses to NYT articles.


1. "In Ambush, a Glimpse of a Long Afghan Summer" While reading this article, I started thinking about what other men of military age might be reading, if not in combat. I picked up a copy of Men's Health and incorporated some quotes from the NYT article into the more frivolous ads and articles.





2. "Spain: Fighting Bull Is Cloned" I usually love reading the world briefs section, because the articles leave so much to the imagination. The thought of cloning a fighting bull was just to provocative to pass up. I'm not sure how I'd like to use this image, but I like the way it looks.



3. "Zimbabwe: Officials Defend Sale of Animals to North Korea" Another fascinating world brief. Apparently Zimbabwe sold baby elephants, giraffes, zebras, antelopes, hyenas, and monkeys to North Korea, a country with an unfavorable record for animal rights. I wanted to convey how unusual/ridiculous/disappointing the idea of a country selling exotic animals was...



4. "When It Gets Ugly Next Door" I made a simple editorial spread to relate to the topic of this article, which involved marital conflicts in tight-knit apartment buildings. I used graphic fields and sharp lines to signify compartments and disorder. This needs more work.




No comments:

Post a Comment