Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fetishes of My Childhood





I think it should technically be "Fetishized Objects," but I kind of like the primitive, slightly ignorant feel. Our assignment was to produce 10 graphic responses corresponding to 10 different objects of political, cultural, religious, or personal significance. I chose items that I feel I've "fetishized" in order to expose a bit about my socioeconomic background, and started to create a booklet.


I'm not really sure how I want to proceed. In fact, I feel like I usually hit the same stumbling block at this stage of the game. I love concepting, and I love to physically create and assemble things on the fly. I usually have a hazy, general idea of how I'd like to something to look, but somehow, when I sit down in front of the computer, I just get a bit lost. Hard to get the ball rolling, I guess. It's also difficult to sort of identity an aesthetic and stay true to it. These are all things I'd like to improve.


In the meantime, here's my first shot at a couple different versions of my cover. I sort of tend to get lost when it comes to depicting abstract concepts, but I kinda think that if I can just work up lots of options, I might have a better sense of direction.


As always, your opinion is most appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment