Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some CD Covers

Rilo Kiley: More Adventurous
I know the type in the first picture is crazy-horrible, but I think it could work if I just really focused. I'm more interested in the direction embodied in the last two versions.


She & Him: Volume 2
This music is saccharine-sweet, so I wanted to make a cover that reflected that. My original plan was to spell out the name of the band in Candy Buttons, but I had a hard time finding the correct size. This version is just a trial until I can find the real deal.


Against Me!: I Was a Teenage Anarchist
I'm not a big Against Me! fan, but I thought their original cover could be improved. The first version is a literal interpretation that will need some more work/research. The second version involves an inverted die-cut crown that reveals some plaid flannel, to which an Against Me! patch will be pinned on the inside of the cover... could be interesting...



No comments:

Post a Comment